Hello from Fleet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milks

Hi everybody,
I've been lurking for a few months and figured I should register so I can post since I must read just about every post in the general and commuting forums :smile:

I live in Fleet, Hampshire. Started commuting by bike last autumn after getting a hard tail MTB via the cycle to work scheme, to replace my walk/train journey with the idea that I would save some money on train fares. I didn't save anything (spent it all on bike bits of course) but did find that my commute became the highlight of my day, and now I dislike those days where I have to go by train.

Unfortunately the MTB went bye-bye in June so I tried to do without - and lasted a week. In a way it was a (partial) blessing since it highlighted how much benefit I was getting from riding to work which I don't think I properly noticed until it was gone. I am currently riding a Tricross (and loving it even more than my old bike) and with a bit of luck I should be collecting a shiny new Brompton this weekend to use as my all weather, year round commuter (so no more train for me :biggrin:)

I'd like to express my gratitude to everyone who posts useful and informative videos and tips, giving me different perspectives that I might not otherwise consider. I'm trying to be a better cyclist and I think it is great to be part of a community like this where ideas can be shared and a newbie like me gain the insight of those more experienced :smile:

thanks for reading and I'll see you on the other forums ;)
Mark / Milks

Shaun

Founder
Hi Mark,

I'm guessing the Tricross will have felt like a very nice upgrade from your MTB?

Welcome to CycleChat - enjoy.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom