Hello from Fulham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anna_984

Hi,

I am new to London and new to cycling. I am planning to buy a new racing bike and join the club.

I have only ridden once before and i am afraid not to be able to keep up? Any advice? Also does anyone know of a decent club in London?

thanks
Anna

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello and welcome.
The British Cycling website should be of help. Has a list of road cycling clubs by area.
Of course there is also the LCC, which has rides listed by area, though these are more laid back pootling rides rather then racing.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi Anna :biggrin:

Go for a spin round Richmond park on a Saturday or Sunday morning. You will see a few club riders there - maybe go and have a chat with those who seem friendly :angry:

Good luck with it,
SD

OP
OP
A

anna_984

Hi,

I have seen quite a few riders in Richmond park. Any idea which club are they part of? I would probably rather go through the club.
Anna

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
A lot from London Dynamo from what I have seen. You might also want to check out Kingston Wheelers. I did consider them myself until I realised that
a) I live too far from their club run meeting place (Junction of Brighton Rd & Portsmouth Rd in Surbiton (ironically, used to live about 100 yards up the road) &
:tongue: body image issues and would feel too fat to join a club who go out and do Boxhill all the time

Their forum seems friendly enough though and a decent website. Also quite liked the look of Dunwich Paragon but they meet in Crystal Palace which is up the top of a bloody great hill and factor b from the above comes into play again:tongue:

Top Bottom