Hello from Hampshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganroon

Hi everyone,
I look forward to getting and sharing wisdom, thoughts, and some laughs with you all.
I have had a bicycle and have ridden it on and off for many many years now. However, what is new is that I have now bought myself a second-hand Brompton for my commute to work (either side of a train journey). I have only just started so I have a lot to learn about using it and taking it on the train.
Any suggestions or advice are always welcome.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome :welcome:

OP
OP
Ganroon

Ganroon

Thank you Welsh Dragon. I was up in North Wales very recently and was quite taken by how beautiful it was. We visited Seventh Heaven Glamping - Brysgyni Ganol, Capel Uchaf, Clynnogfawr LL54 5DH. A lovely part of the world.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thank you raleighnut, that is an interesting bicycle in your avatar!
I snapped my Femur into 3 pieces a couple of years back and bought the trike for physiotherapy and to get around on (I don't drive) I then modified it to my spec including the addition of a 250w electric front wheel kit.

OP
OP
Ganroon

Ganroon

I snapped my Femur into 3 pieces a couple of years back and bought the trike for physiotherapy and to get around on (I don't drive) I then modified it to my spec including the addition of a 250w electric front wheel kit.

That is amazing. Sorry to hear about your femur but I admire your tenacity and inventiveness.

midlife

Guru
Welcome :smile:. Have you still got your old bike or just the Brompton. ?

OP
OP
Ganroon

Ganroon

Hi Bollo, and midlife and thank you for the welcome. I am afraid that I seem to be collecting bikes! I still have my (pretty) old Specialized S-Works M2 which I still use and also, now, my second-hand Brompton which I use for commuting when required. I do find that the Brompton is best kept for the commutes. My problem is now that my Specialized one now creaks a bit and I have no idea where that is coming from! (maybe it is me).

Top Bottom