Hello from Horwich

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ibbots

Not a lurker, stumbled across the forum today looking for information on helmet cams for commuting and found some very useful and informative posts. As a mostly solitary cyclist (not an euphenism) also interesting to read that others share similar commuting experiences.

Been riding for about 8 years, initially as a means of dealing with onset of middle age. I started on the road and turning to the darkside out on the local moors on a hard tail after a couple of years. Also tried the velodrome but could not get along with the cliquey nature of the SQT's. In the last couple of years have become a bit of an obsessed single speed pervert convert, both commuting and offroad.

Looking forward to exploring more of the forums and may be even contributing.

Good luck all.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Hello :welcome:

Having joined in the last few days myself, it seems a bit cheeky of me to say welcome, but as a fellow solo cyclist living down the road in Bolton, I'll say it anyway :welcome:

OP
OP
I

Ibbots

thanks for the welcome.

Slower - perhaps I'll see you around. Say hello - you'll recognise me, I'll be the one sweating and wheezing my way home up Chorley Old Road

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Chorley Old Rd is a long dragger ! Credit for doing that everyday with traffic.Good base to live in with all the fun of Rivington.Welcome and hope you enjoy the banter.

OP
OP
I

Ibbots

Ah Rivington, home to the loose dog and unfettered child.

It's right on the doorstep (well 100yds to the bottom of Georges Lane), but sometimes I think it would be better if it wasn't so convenient so I'd try new places more often. Finding Healy Nab has made it a little less dull however.

trio25

Über Member
Haven't been to the nab for a while. There are loads of options from Rivi, head over to Ramsbottom or even Scout Moor.

Top Bottom