Hello from Huddersfield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattC

Über Member
Just want to say hello to everyone from God's own Country...
I've been mooching around as a guest for a month or so. However I've now got my shiny new Trek Valencia through the cycle to work scheme.
Also had my first clipless moment. (falling over at a set of traffic lights at the side of a full bus.) So feel like I've been christened!?
New back to cycling after a 20+ year absence and am really enjoying it.
I'm hoping to get fit enough through the winter to start commuting in the spring (Huddersfield to Normanton) so approx 20 miles each way!!!
Anyway if you see a very red faced, sweating, huffing and puffing hi vizzed body on a dark grey Trek Valencia then please give me a wave.
Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt and welcome.

It's amazing how many people are returning to to sport -like me- after a break.

Hope the winter training works out.

Chrisc

Guru
Hi Matt
Good to see another bod from town here!
Wish I could get my firm to join to cycle to work thing, miserable buggers claim it's too much work for 'em. Enjoy the new toy!

potsy

Rambler
Welcome Matt,from a fellow Trek owner(fx 7.1)
That's a fair distance to commute,lets hope we get some decent days weather wise this winter so you can get plenty of training in.

OP
OP
MattC

MattC

Über Member
Although I wouldn't swap living in Yorkshire for anything. I must admit to sometimes being a bit jealous of the flatter parts of the UK. I went out for 14 mile ride on Sunday and seemed to spend more time going up hill than flat or down hill.... What's all that about then....
On the plus side things are starting to get slightly easier on the training front.

Top Bottom