Hello from Hull Too

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bluebell72

Evening All,

I'm new to the site, used to do a lot of cycling in my teenage years, but a couple of years ago, bought a new Cube bike, got the shoes, cleats and pedals...(and the time in falling off) and am now doing average 80 miles on a weekend, when I'm not working.

I do it because I enjoy it, but was hoping to get a place in the July 'Grimpeurs de Wolds', - when the entry opens.
Fingers crossed!

3narf

For whom the bell dings
Hello! Did I mention I grew up in Hull? :laugh:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hi & welcome Bluebell. Another local on the board :thumbsup:
What distance you planning on the sportive. I've done the 60miles last 2 years, but away this year :sad: There'll be plenty of others off here tackling it again. It's a great day out & very well organised

OP
OP
Bluebell72

Bluebell72

Hi to both of you :hello:

Soltydog, I'd like to try for the 100km, but I'm not confident of getting a race number - as I know that last years entrants are offered the chance to enter before it becomes open to the general public.

Shaun

Founder
I'm hoping to do the Big G this year too - I had to bail the last two years and the East Yorks CC Posse won't let me off this year, so as soon as I get the email I'm going to sign-up for the 100k.

God I hope my legs and lungs can handle it .... <shiver> ... and I've only got a few months to get fit for it. Argghhh!!!

Anyway, welcome to CC. Hope you enjoy your stay. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
The 100k is 'do-able' with reasonable training

'mrs-craigwend' plus a friend are planning to do the 100k on their hybrids this year, this under my expert training guidance :whistle: , plus another one of their friends is also planning the 100k without my training so she'll be fine...

i'll probably do the 100k as well this year, did the 160k last year, bit of a stretch & bored on my own, as it seems the popular distance for the CC-ER massive.

Welcome by the way :thumbsup:

Top Bottom