Hello from Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kaatje

Hi, New here.

Finally decided to register after lurking for a bit and finding some great posts on here. I've been cycling to work since May, before then the last time I rode a bike was 20 something years ago!

First on a cheap folding bike, which did the job but I was hankering for something more, so invested in something a bit better and faster. Best cycling decision I've made. Now I have more confidence on the roads (it's pretty easy to cycle around Hull, it's flat and car drivers seem pretty aware of cyclists), and want to progress beyond commuting.

Kat

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
:welcome:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Bonjour, and welcome from another East Yorkshire CC'er

Forget the streets of Kingston upon Hull, ride out of town and sample the rural roads and country lanes of the Wolds - some of the best cycling in the country.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Hi Kaatje,

I am in Denmark now but am originally from Hull.

There is a club in Hornsea who often ask members on here to ride with them. I will find the link.

Which bike do you ride?

midlife

Guru
Welcome. I'm originally from Hull. Worked at Cliff Pratt and rode for Hull Thursday Road Club :smile:

Loads of nice places to ride around Hull, Brantingham Has a good hill if you want to test your climbing.

Shaun

OP
OP
K

Kaatje

Thanks everyone for your welcome.

I ride a Revolution Track 14, singlespeed bike. Got it after reading the good comments on here. As it's a singlespeed I'm working up to hills gradually, as and when I find them (none on my commute) and , well because I'm not really used to them :heat:.

Been to beverley and back (20 miles) in the countryside which I really enjoyed. Hornsea is in my sights too.

Incidentally I went to cliff pratts for the first time the other day to buy some shorts, they couldn't have been more helpful and not in a condescending way either. I guess that's why they've been in business for 80 years!

Kat

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Been to beverley and back (20 miles) in the countryside which I really enjoyed. Hornsea is in my sights too.

I'd avoid the TPT & find quiet roads to Hornsea, the TPT surface is rather rough in places :okay:

OP
OP
K

Kaatje

I'd avoid the TPT & find quiet roads to Hornsea, the TPT surface is rather rough in places :okay:
Yes I've heard it's pretty bad in places for road bikes. My intention is to go via the roads to avoid it. Sort of defeats the purpose of the trail being there in the first place. (Though I recognise it's a good option for families to use).

Hi, New here.

Finally decided to register after lurking for a bit and finding some great posts on here. I've been cycling to work since May, before then the last time I rode a bike was 20 something years ago!

First on a cheap folding bike, which did the job but I was hankering for something more, so invested in something a bit better and faster. Best cycling decision I've made. Now I have more confidence on the roads (it's pretty easy to cycle around Hull, it's flat and car drivers seem pretty aware of cyclists), and want to progress beyond commuting.

Kat
Welcome to CC Kat....

Top Bottom