Hello from Indiana!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have recently started cycling, when I say recently... I mean I got my bike 2 weeks ago! I bought a Trek 7.1 road bike. I live in Indiana and have to find some better roads to ride on as the drivers around here are very scary. I am riding for fitness, fun, and to possibly do a few races. : ] Oh, and I chose this forum over a mostly American forum because the American forums were filled with a buncha know it all jerks who do nothing but discourage you from riding. I look forward to conversing with you all!

Hello American Cyclist. Welcome to the forum.
We have another American (at least) here 'threefingerJoe' from St Louis, Missouri. At the moment, he is in Ireland,(I spent last Thursday in a pub with him though) but the Sunday London riders will be taking him on a sightseeing tour of London this weekend. We know you have had to put up with John wayne, Ronald Reagan and Arnold Schwartzenegger, so we like to introduce the gentle side of life on this side of the pond! :smile:

Have fun! :smile:

battered

Guru
Hello, I've visited Indiana, about 10 yrs ago. It was socially interesting. We visited a friend in somewhere called North Vernon (iirc), had a day in Indianapolis, and then went on to KY, WV, NC, TN for a climbing and exploring Blue Ridge mountains trip. It was interesting, they are a different breed there from those on the W coast who seem a lot more European.

Paladin - York

Welcome to CC.

ps I've done the opposite to you in that I prefer to be a member of Adventure Cycling, Missoula MT than CTC.

OP
OP
A

American Cyclist

Thanks for the welcomes! Ireland is a destination I would really like to visit, the country-side of Ireland that is. Because of the roads and drivers here, commuting to work isn't really an option because when I get off work it is already dark, and around here that is a death trap. Though once a week I work a morning shift and I did ride to work last week on that day! I take the "sideroads" opposed to the highway, it is 8.6miles each way on some fairly bumpy and not so cycling friendly roads. But it was worth it! Looking forward to doing that again this week for my morning shift.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hello
wave.gif

Top Bottom