Hello from Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lovely Greenway cycle up that way in Westport, Mayo. Was in that area last year and seeing all the cyclists around gave me the idea it might be something I'd enjoy.
Took me a while to get around to it but better late than never.
My family is from Mayo and I've toured round there a bit and I had a sister living for a bit down in Bantry. Touch wood everytime I have holidayed in Ireland its been dry, sunny and warm. I know better though having lived 5 years in Dublin and visited our Galway office often 😄

OP
OP
C

cycling_eejit

Über Member
My family is from Mayo and I've toured round there a bit and I had a sister living for a bit down in Bantry. Touch wood everytime I have holidayed in Ireland its been dry, sunny and warm. I know better though having lived 5 years in Dublin and visited our Galway office often 😄
Yeah, when the weather is nice it's great, have to make the most of it when the sun shines.
Had a lovely 40km cycle around the backroads in the sunshine today , only met 4 or 5 cars (and a couple of tractors) the whole time.

OP
OP
C

cycling_eejit

Über Member
Welcome “eejit”
I was doing a run in Ireland many years ago, at the time there was a plan to refurbish the canal towpath from Dublin to Galway. That would be a nice route if they did indeed finish it.
There has only been limited investment in cycling infrastructure in Ireland but that may change with the Greens being part of the current government.
Not sure how accurate this map is but it shows existing/planned/proposed Greenways in Ireland.
Ireland Greenway Map
(Still no route from Dublin to Galway!)

Top Bottom