Hello from Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cycling_eejit

Über Member
Hello all,
I'm probably a bit old to be getting started as I 'm 50+ and haven't been on a bike for 30 years but I bought a cheap hybrid recently and have been getting out regularly for the last month or two and am really enjoying it.
I'm coming from a fairly low fitness level but have found that I'm improving every week, hoping to do 50KM cycle by the end of this month.
I've been browsing the forum and there's a wealth of info on here that's useful for an aging beginner like myself.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Welcome!! How exciting to be getting back into cycling again. Hope you love it.

OP
OP
C

cycling_eejit

Über Member
You don’t like to rush things, do you? A member for nearly two years before posting!
:laugh: Didn't even realise I had signed up before, until I tried to set up a username!
Must have been when I first had the thought of buying a bike.

Welcome aboard!
Never too late to start but be careful - it can be addictive!^_^ You don't know where you might end up!

And don't be knocking a cheap hybrid - the cheapest of hybrids got me all around Europe!

Best of luck:bicycle:

Peugeotrider

Ditto eejit!
I'm back in the saddle after 30;years and only recently back in it.
I'm out now 3 times a week,the last ride a 20 miler. Started at ten miles but after a week...20.
Maybe try a 30 in July.
From northern Ireland

OP
OP
C

cycling_eejit

Über Member
Ditto eejit!
I'm back in the saddle after 30;years and only recently back in it.
I'm out now 3 times a week,the last ride a 20 miler. Started at ten miles but after a week...20.
Maybe try a 30 in July.
From northern Ireland
Good to know there are more late starters around!
I expect there are lots who have taken up cycling to relieve the boredom of Covid lockdowns.

OP
OP
C

cycling_eejit

Über Member
Welcome. My folks are from Galway and Leitrim. My last visit there was around 15 years back. Best of luck with the biking ☘
Lovely Greenway cycle up that way in Westport, Mayo. Was in that area last year and seeing all the cyclists around gave me the idea it might be something I'd enjoy.
Took me a while to get around to it but better late than never.

Top Bottom