Hello from Kent in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

elise16

Regular
Hi there!
Funnily enough I noticed another person joined from Kent recently too :smile:
I have very little bike knowledge or experience but buying an amazing 1970s Schwinn recently got me really interested in bikes so I'm here to learn more! I look forward to learning from you all!

Elise

Sharky

Guru
Hi & welcome to cycle chat, from a Kentish Man.
Are you a Kentish Maid or a Maid of Kent?

Lots of good cycling routes in Kent where ever you are - enjoy and keep safe.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I don't think I qualify as a Kentish man as I was born in Hampshire. However, rural Kent is pretty good for cycling.... masses of (nice hilly) minor roads and plenty of main roads to keep the cars away. Welcome to the forum.

GetFatty

Über Member
Hi there!
Funnily enough I noticed another person joined from Kent recently too :smile:
I have very little bike knowledge or experience but buying an amazing 1970s Schwinn recently got me really interested in bikes so I'm here to learn more! I look forward to learning from you all!

Elise
Welcome :welcome: There's a few of us from Kent or the borders of Kent (although I don't get out as much as I used to)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
:welcome:

OP
OP
elise16

elise16

Regular
Hi & welcome to cycle chat, from a Kentish Man.
Are you a Kentish Maid or a Maid of Kent?

Lots of good cycling routes in Kent where ever you are - enjoy and keep safe.

Thanks and yes, I'm a Kentish maid! Although Kentish Teen may be more accurate:laugh:

OP
OP
elise16

elise16

Regular
I don't think I qualify as a Kentish man as I was born in Hampshire. However, rural Kent is pretty good for cycling.... masses of (nice hilly) minor roads and plenty of main roads to keep the cars away. Welcome to the forum.
Very true! And some nice cycling paths too. Neither actually, I only moved to England a few years ago haha!

Sharky

Guru
Thanks and yes, I'm a Kentish maid! Although Kentish Teen may be more accurate:laugh:
It's good to have young blood on the forum and cycling on the Kentish roads. I'm a little older, just starting my 8th decade!

The North downs are indeed hilly, but very pleasant to ride.

Top Bottom