Hello from Lancashire!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inbetween

Just thought i'd post here! My real name is Lawrence I'm based in Lancashire. I've only ever ridden for commuting and that was years ago but really fancied cycling as a hobby so i'm looking for my first road bike at the moment. My plan is to train to ride the Christie Manchester to Blackpool route later this year and hopefully more as i shift the xmas flab! :smile:

pally83

Über Member
Ey up. Lovely roads in our beautiful county. Enjoy the rides.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
g'day Lancashire is lovely to ride around. Manc to Blackpool is readily do'able from starting now but if you've got a bit of experience going by then I suspect you'll find it a bit of a pain once the novelty wears off. It attracts a lot of once a year brush the cobwebs off the bike lot who ride with no consideration for anyone else and simply have to be at the front of every set of traffic lights.
Sorry, I know I sound like a right snob with that, but I've had a few close shaves with utter planks on that ride. As well as some lovely chats with really nice people it must be said, but it is one where you need your wits about you.

wisdom

Guru
Hi and:welcome: from Blackpool.I am going to give the Manchester to Blackpool a go this year.Good luck with your training.
Wizz

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Lawrence! Whereabouts in Lancashire are you? Lots of us from West and North Yorkshire get together pretty regularly with riders from Lancashire for forum rides. You'd be welcome to join us - just keep an eye on the CC & Informal Rides and Events forum for details.

Top Bottom