hello from leeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris tinker

Hi peeps,

just joined today, im 26 year old hair dresser whos loved cycling for a long time.

im not a massive rider tho i do generally commute to work only 9 mile round trip, but i do stand up all day. but on mondays or sundays i like a good 50 miler.

i did the coast to coast on my trek 1.5 two years ago, 140 miles over 15 hrs.. ouch! im sure they hid some hills on that map....!

im joining the forum as i am looking to buy a new bike as mine recently got written off due to a lady pulling out in front off me and me T boning her.

Hope all are doing ok :smile:

Chris from leeds

TVC

:welcome: Welcome Chris. A shiny new bike, always something to look forward to. :thumbsup:

:hello:and:welcome: to the fold!

I've only just got back in the saddle myself and I'm working up to doing a regular 50 miler and hopefully audax in the new year...........well done on the c2c thats impressive! Its always a nice feeling knowing you're getting a brand spankin new bike!!

postman

Legendary Member
Welcome from an elder Leeds chap.I am also 26 sorry that should read 62.Sorry to hear about the crash,any chance of some compo from her insurance company.That's a real Leeds lad talking.

OP
OP
C

chris tinker

Thanks for the welcome :smile:

And thanks about the c2c , the day after I told my wife if I ever suggest doing it again lock my wheels away, but I'm kinda thinking it be old to actually train this time and see if I can get up them hills faster, I was amazed that 4 guys or across with out a puncture, so much glass on the c2c route!

The insurance is going slow, accident was in march but got a small payment (interim payment?) so looking for a bike :smile: and can wait to get back out on one! Missed most of the summer but still some good days can be had in the winter :smile:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I took a road bike on the C2C this April - and chose to use the trail from Rookhope down to Sunderland. Bad idea. As was the stretch just before Penrith.

But, made it through without any punctures.

OP
OP
C

chris tinker

I'm not familiar with all the routes, mine went from Cumbria to a pub In newcastle and the map showed 8 ish massive hills and then a steady down hill section, I think the map maker didn't do the last 40 miles because we hit a hill that made all 4 of us get off our bikes and walk...... And one off us was doing 9 day top to bottom! And he was fit as prize bull, but it was amazing , spent alot of the first part takin pictures :smile:

Top Bottom