Hello from Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jansman

Regular
Hello folks!I've been a commuting cyclist now for 15 years.I collect bikes and LOVE fixin' 'em!I never felt the need to do the forum thing,but I have read some interesting stuff here this afternoon.I looked this place up because this afternoon on the way home from work some A- hole tried to terminate me in one of those"Animal"pick-up trucks.

I am angry.GRRRRR!

Ian 74

Hi jansman,

I'm new too, welcome. I have a mate who lives in Desford. He is lazy and doesn't like bikes, sadly, something to do with crashing into a parked car as a child. Wasn't pretty.

Glad your still alive.
wave.gif

Michiel

I looked this place up because this afternoon on the way home from work some A- hole tried to terminate me in one of those"Animal"pick-up trucks.

I am angry.GRRRRR!

Yeah that would seriously p*** me off as well. Welcome to Cycle chat and glad you're okay :smile:

:hello:

OP
OP
J

jansman

Regular
Thanks for the welcome,and the concern!I don't get too many run-ins out on the roadAfter so many years out there I think you develop a sixth sense. Sorry to sound ignorant,what's the Skyride

Rykard

Veteran
they are basically closing most of the city centre to traffic next sunday so cyclist can cycle round in 'safety'

I am also new to the forum, I've been biking for 40 odd years and commuting from Ratby to Leicester for most of the last 25 years and I think I know the "animal' jansman referred to. I'll definitely be at Skyride (that'll be a hat-trick for me) riding my 3rd bike ( a reasonably well preserved but somewhat modified Dawes Vogue). So if there's a Sky ride next year 2012 I'll need to get going on a No. 4 project bike!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi jansman and PowerfullPierre - welcome to CycleChat!

We are a friendly bunch and it is a good place to hang out online.

Tossers cutting me up are one reason why I spend most of my time riding country lanes rather than main roads!

PS If either of you (or The Velvet Curtain or Rykard) fancy a local 100 km CycleChat ride 2 weeks from today, take a look at this thread about my coming forum ride from Meriden - you'd be welcome! :thumbsup:

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
hi neighbour ,thurmaston here

irw

Quadricyclist
Hi all! If anyone from the Thurmaston/North Leicester kind of area fancies joining Mrs. IRW and I on our ride into town for the Skyride on our quadricycle, along mostly residential roads, reinforcements would be appreciated!

We don't mention the 'S' word here.

Cyclemagic will be on Abbey Park next to the route but not part of the 'Leicester Community Ride' which is it's proper name. We'll have loads of unusual stuff out.

Top Bottom