hello from leyburn, wensleydale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leyburnrunner

hello folks,

i'm an injury-ravaged runner who has had to take up cycling but is actually starting to enjoy it!

i'm pretty lucky that i've got t'yorkshire dales on my doorstep and probably just as well i like the hills.

currently riding a kona mountain bike which i'm just about to fit with semi-slicks but ideally i'd have a road bike.

keep on keepin on.

Welcome to the forum.

Lovely area you live in. I used to spend time along the road at Bellerby Camp, many years ago with the Army Cadet Force. Happy days.

colly

Re member eR
Hi,

Welcome along.:hello:

Lovely country around your neck of the woods. So good in fact I have ridden up your way a couple of times.

The trouble is by the time I get there I need to turn round and start to make my way home.:sad:

There are plans for a ride through your way in July. If it happens maybe we could catch up with you for a spell.
https://www.cyclechat.net/

Paladin - York

A belated welcome to the site.

I came through Leyburn yesterday (May 14th) enroute from Cape Wrath to York. I called in at the Dales Haven Cafe etc on the Market Place and found that Martin (proprietor?) is a keen cyclist. I had a snack lunch there and a highish liquid intake which, together with a good tailwind, saw me home & DRY.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hi, my parents used to have a cottage overlooking Semerwater. Mountain bikes hadn't been invented so I used to ride my Dad's roadster around the lanes there.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Welcome from a former dales lad (Richmond) now living in not so hilly Lincolnshire!

Top Bottom