Hello from Lincolnshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thistler

Veteran
Hi, I'm new here, my name is Lynn and I'm a 46.

I used to race road bikes quite a bit in my 20's, then got married, had kids and gave it all up. Now it's 20 years later, and I want my life back. 

I just bought a Specialized Secteur and have been out for a few short 10-15 mile rides...I forgot that it can take awhile to break in a new saddle!  :whistle:

I've been lurking for a few weeks while I've been getting my gear together, this place is a goldmine of information. Things have really moved on in the last 20 years!!!

Looking forward to learning more.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Hi, I'm new here, my name is Lynn and I'm a 46.

I used to race road bikes quite a bit in my 20's, then got married, had kids and gave it all up. Now it's 20 years later, and I want my life back.

I just bought a Specialized Secteur and have been out for a few short 10-15 mile rides...I forgot that it can take awhile to break in a new saddle! :whistle:

I've been lurking for a few weeks while I've been getting my gear together, this place is a goldmine of information. Things have really moved on in the last 20 years!!!

Looking forward to learning more.
Hi there Welcome to the forums. I have some family in Lincolnshire so lug the bike up there on the car when we visit now and then.Great place for cycling.

Good Luck

Megsy

Hi Lynn and welcome. I'm also a newbie on here from Lincolnshire, although we must be leagues apart if you're calling 15 miles short! I've tried a few 8 miles running before getting on the bike, but have decided that cycling is a lot more enjoyable. Give me a wave if you zoom past me some day!

OP
OP
thistler

thistler

Veteran
 Thanks for the lovely welcome!!  I'm close to Boston.

Are you riding a road bike Megsy? It's so flat around here that 10-15 miles is really not much. Plus I'm not exactly speeding along....I don't have a computer yet but would be surprised if I ever got over 15mph.   :tongue:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Hello from another yellowbelly, living in Scotland now though!

Megsy

This Yellowbelly is in sunny Sleaford. I'm doing 20 miles most days, not finding the distance hard, just seem to be struggling with the traffic. I'm going hell for leather trying to keep up with the cars so I don't get in their way. Averaging about 15 mph but peaking at 25mph, then collapsing in a heap after 80 mins! Still, it's burning off 2000 cals a day (according to my posh watch) so the weight is already dropping off......and Mrs M seems to like me in lycra....
The best thing about round here is the little country roads which are really quiet at 0630.

Top Bottom