Hello from London Commuter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leemo

Commuter
Greetings. I have got back into cycling -- I'm 36 -- primarily in order to find time for exercise. Cycling to work costs me the same amount of time alternative means; I just shower at the other end. I also find cycling good fun and great means of transport. I've been doing this a bit last year and increasingly so this year, on a Sirrus 2009 elite which is the best bike I've ever owned, and I'm aiming to keep it up further into the winter this year. So obviously I've been lurking around here mainly on the Commuter thread interested in how best to ride, road safety issues, latest bike kit etc. Also I recently got a second bike, a serviced old BSA 3-speed, which I use as something I can lock up at the station for example without having to worry. So I think its about time I said hello!

Hello and welcome leemo. Good idea about the bikes - I wouldn't leave mine anywhere! Check out the London Sunday ride in the 'Informal Rides' section and see if you fancy it...

OP
OP
L

leemo

Commuter
Im commuting from West Dulwich to Canary Wharf, via East Dulwich, Peckham, South Bermondsey, Surrey Quays and the Hilton to Canary Wharf ferry. Its a good route because I avoid the busiest central part of London. When I get a bit fitter I will try to use the Greenwich Foot Tunnel instead of the ferry.

Top Bottom