Hello... from me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J-Lo

As the title suggests this is just a short post to say hello as im a newcomer to cycle chat.

Ive already trolled through loads of topics and pages and its all top-notch stuff, the banter looks good and everyone seems to be so helpful and friendly so I thought I may aswell get involved!

You can probably guess what my name is.. im 18 and hopefully starting in the RAF early next year. Ive always liked cycling but never been 'into it' as much as I would like to. I have what I would call a descent mountain bike but would like to get involved with road cycling and especially touring (long distance aswell!) and get some miles logged! Luckily for me (I think) a road bike has come to my care! It was an uncle's who gave up cycling. Its quite a good road bike and even better due to it hardly ever been used (was newish when given up).

Should have a look and get it in a couple of weeks so it looks like this could be the perfect excuse to 'properly' get into cycling :whistle: who knows where it will take me!

Well I hope to stick around, get involved in chat and hopefully receive lots of help in the future as I will undoubtedly need it!

Cheers for reading!

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Hi Jamie and welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask any questions you like, but also feel just as free to answer a few.

OP
OP
J

J-Lo

Oh and to add, im told I will probably need some new tyres (been unused and in garage for many years!) and pedals (current ones attach to some sort of shoe which I dont have!). On top of that the usual bits and bats. Have had a look around hopefully it wont cost me too much either so im looking forward to it.

Hello Jamie and welcome to CC!

Yep, there's a lot of crap good advice on here, just get stuck in and enjoy yourself. :smile:

Depending on your location, you may find a CC 'chapter' in your neighbourhood for a social ride if you wanted to go out for a spin with some like-minded individuals.

Have fun! :whistle:

Top Bottom