Hello ,,, from Newbury, West Berkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

:welcome:
I regularly ride up to Newbury ( and beyond). It's a very nice area to find some cracking scenic routes. There are also some :eek: hills in your vicinity, should you fancy getting very fit, very quickly:smile:.

OP
OP
K

Krock

Thanks you all. Nice to see your replies.

@Broadside, I have a Falcon MTB and I mostly ride along the Kennet and Avon canal side, now switched to Stockcross , Wickham side on B4000.

@Racing roadkill , yes you are right the more hills I climb I burn more calories.. But getting exhausted too quickly and I'm not able to keep up the speed

Also looking for safer roads around Newbury for evening rides... even after two years of bike ride, I'm still exploring Newbury :-)

Please feed in your suggestions.

Last edited:

Mrs bean

Regular
I lived in newbury for years, Hartshill road, the hill is great coming down but not so good going up. Beautiful lanes and off road tracks through Bucklebury Common and if you make it as far as Standford Dingley, pop into The Old Boot pub, use to be a regular visitor there with my horse. Enjoy your cycling

OP
OP
K

Krock

Thanks all. I'm planning for big 20 miles round trip around Newbury this weekend.. :-) Its going to be just me and my bike ...

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hi Krock - I'm over the border in Hampshire but often head up Newbury way when I have a taste for inclines. As others have said, it's lovely around there.

Take it easy on the hills, ride steady and the kilos will fall off.

Welcome Krock. I'm in Wokingham. Did the Tour of Berkshire this year and reacquainted myself with some of the roads around your neck of the woods. Good riding on both sides of the A4. Gets a bit busy around Aldermaston way, but riding around Bradfield, Ashamstead, Compton and the Ilsleys is always pleasurable, if a little pointy uppy downy.

Top Bottom