Hello from North Manchester! :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SBaxter

Hi,

First post to the forums, Just picked cycling back up after many years away from cycling :eek:

Thought i would give a brief Intro. and a big HELLO :biggrin:

Have been managing to get 100 Miles + in each week since I started back up about 12 weeks ago, Including usually a 50 - 60 Miler on the weekend generally venturing into the peak district, and have a funny story about setting out on my first "long route" not quite sure where we were going and riding up this road thinking ek this is a bit steep to eventually reaching the top to read the sign "Holme Moss" although have since been informed we took the easy route from the resevoir side! :cry: there was nothing easy about it!!

Some friends and me are doing the Manchester to Blackpool ride next Sunday, is anyone on here doing that ride?

Thanks

Scott

potsy

Rambler
Welcome Scott,plenty of us doing the Blackpool ride going to be a good day I think.
Great time of the year to get back into it,happy riding:becool:

DaleB

Hi from Manchester also,

Myself and 'Jmetz' are planning on doing it the Manchester - Blackpool (if i can get it off work - i find out tomorrow ;)). It'll be our first time, have you done it before?

Welcome to cyclechat anyway ;)

OP
OP
S

SBaxter

Hi both,

Thanks

Dale,

It will be my first time so really looking forward to it, although doing it with some more experienced riders who all did LEJOG last year! so not looking forward to trying to keep up with them! :biggrin:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome to the site,hope to do the Manchester/Blackpool ride too but not booked yet due to not knowing if the stock take will carry over.I hear you can pay on the day so that is what i will do....might wear my 1993 era Manchester/Blackpool t-shirt if i take part :biggrin:

DaleB

SBaxter said:
It will be my first time so really looking forward to it, although doing it with some more experienced riders who all did LEJOG last year! so not looking forward to trying to keep up with them! :smile:

Haha, i got it off work so have booked it today... Gone for the early start, look out for two fairies as 'Jmetz' and i are dressing up! :sad:

A good idea? Not so sure! :smile:

Top Bottom