Hello from North Staffs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanA

hello all,

Well been meaning to buy a bike for a year or so after going to the Manchester veladrome last year. Took my dad with me, actually to watch indoor flying! Now my dad is 85, he raced 10 mile TT and track and knew Reg Harris etc but that was 60+ years ago......

so I worked with a guy for 6 days last week that was big into cycling, and I thought sod it, I'm getting a bike, didn't want to spend too much so went for the B'Twin Triban 3. Seems like a good bike, don't like the thumb shifts which are hard to reach from the drops and I'm not the tallest person at 5'8" and I have short legs. Went for the 54 frame as the 51 had 650 wheels and looked small.

Now I have to say I fall into the totally unfit category ! Went the gym when I was a teenager, stopped when I went clubbing etc.....girls cars etc etc and done nothing since....and I'm now 43

But I bought he bike Tuesday and today did 10 miles over generally flat to undulating roads, followed by the climb upto our house, bottom gear, ignor the pain and keep pumping at the legs....

And I'm enjoying every minute !

Black Country Ste

Hi and you chose an excellent bike! Plenty of T3 owners here. ^_^

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Welcome to CC , i am only 5 foot 7" on a good day so your taller than me and younger than me , age and size should not be a reason not to ride .
As long as your enjoying your time on a bike you will rapidly improve so get out there and have fun !

I am from not so sunny Swadlincote

OP
OP
IanA

IanA

Hi,

thanks for he welcomes

@fullcycle, I live in Kidsgrove

fullcycle

Try and look into venturing over to the Churnet Valley, around Leek and the Roaches. Can be very hilly in parts but miles and miles of roads with minimal traffic and stunning scenery.

OP
OP
IanA

IanA

used to live in Leek, nice area, but like you say, very hilly. Have to get the wife to follow me for when i reach the point of no return...ie collapse !

fullcycle

Ha ha i remember trying to go up the hill just coming out of Oakamoor the gears in my bike literally bottomed out and my legs locked, brutally defeated :heat:

OP
OP
IanA

IanA

yea, I can just imagine trying to climb the A53 out of leek going to blackshawmoor ! bad enough in a car ...they should hold hill climbs there !!

fullcycle

yea, I can just imagine trying to climb the A53 out of leek going to blackshawmoor ! bad enough in a car ...they should hold hill climbs there !!
I think if i attempted it you could overtake me on foot :bicycle: I do miss having all that on my doorstep though its a different world where i am now.

Top Bottom