Hello from North Yorkshire!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello!
I am new to the forum so first I would like to say hello:smile:

I have just got my first proper cruiser/town bicycle, absolutely love it! So comfortable!
I found it is 'classified' as beach cruiser but I can see that sometimes people in the UK don't know/use this term... How would you call it? Anyone ride this kind of bike? Do you have any pictures of your bikes? :smile:
(am I asking too many questions? :biggrin: )
Here is my beauty! White with orange rims and brown details :smile: x x x
9091725821_593bf7dddd_o.jpg

Canrider

Guru
Welcome to the forum.
'Town bike' might possibly be the closest UK term, but they also get lumped in with generic 'hybrids'.

Evogirl

Hi there and welcome

Love the bike I too am from North Yorkshire....up beside the sea.

Yes, there's a couple of women I see fairly regularly on two like that. Never paid much attention but I'll have a look what make they are.

I also used to see one of the park rangers cycling to work on one down the a local leisure path. I like them.

OP
OP
L

Love beach cruisers

Yes, there's a couple of women I see fairly regularly on two like that. Never paid much attention but I'll have a look what make they are.

I also used to see one of the park rangers cycling to work on one down the a local leisure path. I like them.

cool:smile: mine is made by Kokkedal.
I red that Beach cruisers are very popular in the US, that's where they were born. But I can see they are getting more and more popular in the UK as well. Looking forward to hear about these that you see regularly.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome:.

Nice bike. I can understand people generally not knowing the term beach cruiser as it's more of a North American style that hasn't really caught on over here. Something like this (link) is probably the nearest thing we have to it.

OP
OP
L

Love beach cruisers

Hi and :welcome:.

Nice bike. I can understand people generally not knowing the term beach cruiser as it's more of a North American style that hasn't really caught on over here. Something like this (link) is probably the nearest thing we have to it.

Thanks:smile: Yes, I have seen these bikes, I like them too. Kokkedal bicycles are the same kind, I think: http://www.kokkedal.co.uk/
Then there are also Electra bicycles, http://www.electrabike.com/, but if I am not wrong it is an American company.

Top Bottom