Hello from Portsmouth!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all!

I'm Alexandicity. I just moved to Portsmouth a little while ago and found this city is quite cycle-friendly (largely by merit of its compact size and flat landscape!). I've been cycling forever but am looking to get into it a little more "seriously" - hence my interest in registering here and learning from the experts!

I've currently got an old but solid road bike that is frankly falling apart. The plan is to replace parts, bit at a time, until it's a much more impressive road bike! I use it for daily commuting so I'm happy to drop some cash to make it good. The frame, wheels and saddle are OK; priorities for an upgrade are the handlebars (want to replace the current straight-bar with drop-bars or similar); the gears (the current ones are very stiff and flimsy) and my cycling clothing (need something that'll keep me warm and dry into the winter....

Hope to talk to you all much more soon!

Alexandicity

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hello from a lifelong resident. Much great riding territory around here, once you get the bike a bit more up to it...!!

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
Ahoy! I have been around Portsmouth on Wednesday and Thursday, loving the weather. I can recommend the esplanade, ferry to Hayling Island, then up the Hayling Billy track for a nice relaxing jaunt. The Coastguard chippy on Hayling does some great nosh!

2PedalsTez

Über Member
Welcome!

As an ex-Pompey and now Fareham resident, I would recommend that a short trip out of the confines of the city will open you up to some wonderful rides in all directions (well apart from south, which would send you into the Solent!)

Welcome!

As an ex-Pompey and now Fareham resident, I would recommend that a short trip out of the confines of the city will open you up to some wonderful rides in all directions (well apart from south, which would send you into the Solent!)

You could use a Ferry though!

The Isle of Wight is wonderful.

Alternatively we have all the pubs up and across Portsdown Hill. Southwick, Wickham, Forest of Bere etc.

Top Bottom