Hello From Preesall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScoobySnacks

Hi All,

I took up road cycling two months ago to get fit & healthy. Really enjoying it, definitely got the bug and have managed to lose a stone already ^_^ (with changing my diet too). My averages and distances are going well, I just need someone to ride with now as I have been solo since starting out.

Looking forward to being part of the forum!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Scooby, welcome to CChat! Well done on the weight loss!

kedab

Veteran
I just need someone to ride with now as I have been solo since starting out.
:welcome: the more you're out on the bike, the more people you're gonna see...make friends :rolleyes: go out early on a sunday morning and (round my way at least), it looks like cyclists have come out of hibernation!

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Hi All,

I took up road cycling two months ago to get fit & healthy. Really enjoying it, definitely got the bug and have managed to lose a stone already ^_^ (with changing my diet too). My averages and distances are going well, I just need someone to ride with now as I have been solo since starting out.

Looking forward to being part of the forum!

Hi Scooby & welcome to CC.

Many years ago, I used to visit your area quite frequently. I don't know how long you've lived there, but do you know that there used to be a 'sitdown' {not takeaway} cafe/restaurant up Smithy Lane ? - It was pretty much at the top of the road on the left hand side, just as the road swings right towards the school. I used to know the owners (and the previous owners); sadly, it's gone now and is a private house.

I've cycled quite a few times around Preesall, Pilling & Knott End - nice & flat ! :smile:

Keep up the cycling & the weight will come off; enjoy the forum ! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ScoobySnacks

ScoobySnacks

Pat, kebab & pubrunner - Thanks for the welcome!

(pubrunner) yes its nice and flat around here, I've only been in this area for the past two years though. There is a good cafe at Cockerham (Puddings) and 'The Barn' at Scorton seems very popular with cyclists too.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi and welcome to the forum, congratulations for taking the plunge on your fitness and diet regime, I like many on here and yourself chose the cycling and diet way and have managed to lose a good deal of weight and managed to keep it off .... Keep up the good work

Top Bottom