Hello from Rugby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
hello, my name is Craig and im from rugby in warwickshire.

I'm 35 and married with three kids (all girls).

011-1.jpg

i've been into bikes all my life and used to do some serious miles up to about 10 years ago, before the kids came along.
at the end of last year i started riding again, but I'm on a bit of a budget so my bikes are not exactly top of the range.

most of my riding is on road and this is my main bike, a Saracen tour 1.
it's OK actually but personally i wouldn't want to go any cheaper

bike016-1.jpg

my other bike is a CBR Citylite hybrid (a what ???), which is used for family rides and a small amount of commuting

bikes2027-1.jpg

the user name "anorak" comes from my other hobby, the classic mini. I'm a bit of an info freak when it comes to them

sheddy

Legendary Member
Hi, and welcome to CC
BTW I was impressed by the Rugby roadsigns asking to 'watch out for bikes'

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
Aperitif said:
Hello Craig. Sunglasses? It's peeing down in Londres at the moment!:blush: Have fun.

well their not really for the sun, i always wear eye protection on the bikes, nothing worse than a fly in your eye (well maybe a fly in your mouth, but you know what i mean ;)).

i also have to wear gloves on the bike or i just don't feel safe, funny thing is i've never worn a bike helmet, but I'm heading that way lately.

99% of people i see on bikes are wearing helmets now and i kinda feel like the odd one out, I'm really not trying to be a hard case or anything but i just don't find them comfortable. i guess I'm going to have to get used to them.

and yes, we do have some rather impressive signs around the town centre but you have to wonder if the drivers can even see these sometimes.

thats a whole other story i guess, the need for drivers and cars to respect each other a bit more

Top Bottom