hello from shropshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

diabach

Hi all,

After many years from cycling and a former member of walsall roads c.c. back in the late sixties and seventies i"m hoping to rekindle some of that zest and start commuting to work with a little leisure cycling at weekends. ( what do you think )..........

I was hoping to use the cycle2work scheme but my employer only uses halfords, and they dont supply the bike of my choice..

After some research i"ve narrowed it down to the Giant fcr 3 which falls within my budget and requirements.

Has anyone seen any reviews on this bike or have any personal knowledge they could share..

Many Thanks, Dave.............

snorri

Legendary Member
diabach said:
a former member of walsall roads c.c. back in the late sixties and seventies
;):ohmy:WOW!, that long ago.

Welcome to Cycle chat Dave, we need someone with a little seniority to keep these young CC whippersnappers in order.:thumbsup::biggrin:

lazyfatgit

Welcome!

To echo HLab, Part of the deal Halfrauds sruck to get the cyclescheme from some of the big employers means they are obliged to get any bike.

There's a few on here who have had brands they don't stock, but get it for the scheme.

Randochap

Senior hunter
:biggrin: to CycleChat, from Canada. As mentioned here, when I was a little nipper from Wednesfield, my fave thing to do was ride out through Wolverhampton to Bridgenorth and beyond to Long Mynd, the Strettons, etc.

I'm amazed today, at the distance I used to put in over the Shropshire hills, as a pre-teen cyclist.

The roads of Shropshire literally inspired a lifelong affection -- bordering on addiction -- for bicycle travel.

Crankarm

Guru
Hi :biggrin:.

Being Shropshire you'll have some hills around you so best get a bike with a triple chainset to start out. Must be great cycling country if you like climbing.

Top Bottom