Hello from Shropshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi everybody, I'm Phil from sunny Salop.:smile: I'm a long time lurker but it's taken 'til now to consider registering.

I've been riding bikes since mumble, mumble, seventy something but despite having always loved it, only started taking cycling seriously in about 2000 when I realised I was getting really unfit and started riding to work (only 3 miles each way, nothing special).

Then came redundancy and I decided I didn't want to go back into yet another stuffy office so ended up getting a Cycles Maximus trike and set up a rickshaw ride business in Shrewsbury, which is where my user name comes from. Although it was great fun and really built up the fitness it didn't work out financially so I've had to stop.

Another cycle related venture had to follow really, so since my brother is a freelance cameraman and editor I suggested we make a DVD about cycling around Shropshire to show off the scenery and some of the quirky history in the area (leaning tower of Shropshire anyone?). That too was great fun and hopefully will make up for the lack of success with the rickshaw.

Current cycling tends to be mostly road rides up to 50 miles or thereabouts, so pretty tame compared with some of you, although I do love to go down to Church Stretton and over the Longmynd for a challenge whenever I can.

I already know that this is one of the friendlier forums so I hope I'll fit in. I probably won't post a huge amount :shy: but will try to make it worthwhile when I do.

Phil

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Good afternoon Phil and welcome to the forums

Hi Phil and:welcome:

I'm S.Cheshire based so mainly stick to North Shropshire and North Wales. I presume Hodnet Hall was on your list of quirky Salopian sights. See you around.

Pete

OP
OP
Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Many thanks for the welcome messages. Accountantpete: We didn't feature Hodnet Hall in this film but if the first one sells ok it would be good to include it in a second volume. For the record we filmed routes featuring Shrewsbury, Ellesmere, Church Stretton, Ludlow, Bridgnorth and also sneaked out of the county to Bewdley.

We couldn't do too many places in one go so stuck to the places that we know fairly well for starters.

Phil

compo

Veteran
Hi Phil, good to hear from you. Although I live in Essex I visit Shropshire from time to time and tend now to take my bike when I do. I ride around Whitchurch and High Heath with an occasional foray abroad into Wales.

Compo.

Top Bottom