Hello from Slough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turkish

Hi All.

It is a quick hello from Slough.

I am a lazy cyclist. I do not get motivated while I am cycling on my own. That is why I ride my bike once in a while.

I have done London to Brighton, London to Oxford and London to Cambridge. Those rides still does not make me hard worker.

I just would like to see what is out there in cycling communities and if I can participate whether it is a leisure or a charity event.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Norm

Hey, Turkish, from just the other side of the river. :thumbsup:

Actually, I made it to the north bank this afternoon, Maidenhead down to Windsor along the towpath.

OP
OP
T

Turkish

That is a nice ride. I have done it few times this year.

My last ride was 10 miles to Ascot, then train to Staines and 10 miles back to Slough.

If the weather is good and if I can motivate my self, I dont mind another 20 miles this Sunday.

Norm

Hmm... have you tried riding through the Great Park? Through Old Windsor and up Crimp Hill, then into the park at Bishop's Gate or at Savill Garden, then a quick lap of the lake and back out through Cranbourne Gate and back to Windsor, it's a nice little 25 miles (from me near Holyport) so it's probably a bit less for you, depending where you live in Sluff, of course.

OP
OP
T

Turkish

I think I have done a ride like that. Maybe 3 years ago.

In fact I live in Chalvey.

I have not cycled towards Holyport at all. But I have followed A308.

Is it easy ride or hilly towards Holyport?

Do you ride on your own or are you member of a club?

longers

Legendary Member
Maybe there's some rides on the calendar you could join or organise. Have you tried looking on there yet?

longers

Legendary Member
There'd be nothing to stop you putting up a thread in the informal rides section anyway asking if there's anything or anybody happening nearby.

It's not against forum etiquette to do so and there's been a fair few rides organised that way.

Edit: not all rides get put on the calendar, there's only two this month on there and they're not local to you.

OP
OP
T

Turkish

I have started a thread already. Now it is wait and see game.

Thanks for the update / info on the calendar.

Norm

I think I have done a ride like that. Maybe 3 years ago.

In fact I live in Chalvey.

I have not cycled towards Holyport at all. But I have followed A308.

Is it easy ride or hilly towards Holyport?

Do you ride on your own or are you member of a club?
I usually ride solo, although I've done a couple of rides with one other and, for one longer ride a few weeks ago, there were 8 of us.

Chalvey is pretty close to me, I'm just across the river and cycled from Maidenhead to Eton again this evening.

edited to add Sorry, just spotted the question about hills. There's nothing really "hilly" this side, although the road climbs about 60m over a couple of kms if I head south it's a pretty gentle rise. A few miles out, when you get towards Ascot or Bracknell, it does get a bit lumpier but it's not as bad as riding through Burnham Beeches, for instance.

Top Bottom