Hello from South Devon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unsteady

Hi all, my name's Mark and I'm new to the forum and new to cycling - new for at least 25 years anyway.

Well I've probably done this all wrong. Decided to take up cycling instead of running, because running hurts too much, so went out and got myself a Spesh Allez Sport. It's here in front of me in the living room and I'm looking at it now thinking "what have I done..?" So much has changed since I last used a road bike but was told its a good one for beginners. Looking forward to taking it out but a bit nervous at the same time.

Probably need to look for a local cycling club who have reputation for being patient with newbies :blush: but if there is anyone in the Teignmouth area who wouldn't mind a near-novice tagging along on for a beginner's cruise then I'd be glad to hop in the saddle. Should probably admit up front that I'm not that fit - yet ;).

Looking forward to talking to you all on the forum and sharing experiences, tips and pics.
Cheers.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: Mark!

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi mark and welcome to the forum, welcome back to cycling, awesome bike you have , don't worry about being an unfit newbie just get your helmet and your padding on jump in the saddle and spin that crank and smile..... The rest happens naturally :0)

avsd

Guru
:welcome: Mark this is a very helpful and friendly forum. Getting back in to cycling is one of the best decisions you can make. Just start slowly and build up - don't go totally mad at the start and sicken yourself. South Devon is a beautiful area to cycle in. Enjoy

IscaSteve

Regular
Greetings Mark, I'm just up the road from you in Exeter. Bit flatter up here with not so many of those South Devon hills to worry about! Don't worry about being out of saddle for 25 years - I was but now commute daily on my retro road pair and now go out in the evenings just for the hell of it. Enjoy.

Top Bottom