Hello from Southampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PAV

Regular
After lurking around the forum for a while I thought I'd join up and join in!

Relative newbie - I returned to the saddle last year to do a charity Vietnam and Cambodia bike ride last October - and have been bitten by the bug again!!

When I came back in November, I bought my first road bike which has been great fun.

Looking to step up the miles, and I have my first sportive this Sunday - the Meon Valley Riser (Gulp!). Have another charity ride planned for May - London to Paris which I'm really looking forward to!

Hope to learn lots from the forum and hopefully share some of my experiences at some point!

Paul

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi Paul & :welcome: to CC - I'm just up the road from you

OP
OP
P

PAV

Regular
Thanks everyone!!

Yes numbnuts - I'm in Hedge End so near enough neighbours!

Losing focus - I'm gonna have to say that I'm not the PAV from S4E as I haven't got a clue what that is!!

Have thought about joining a club Dave, but still consider myself as not yet good enough for a club!!! I'm definitely not into competitive cycling as that holds no interest at all! I'll see how the next few months go I think and then maybe look to join a club later this year

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Hedge End so near enough neighbours!

Welcome to the forum from a Hampshire Exile

My old stomping ground, I went to school at Wildern, Hedge End and lived just up the road in West End.

OP
OP
P

PAV

Regular
Aaaahhhh - Saints - I see - No I'm not really into football!

Thanks 4F - It's a great town - but growing out of all proportions!!! Makes a good starting point to get out on the quiet country roads on the bike though!

Have thought about joining a club Dave, but still consider myself as not yet good enough for a club!!! I'm definitely not into competitive cycling as that holds no interest at all! I'll see how the next few months go I think and then maybe look to join a club later this year

Club runs range from 30 miles @ 12mph to 70 @ 20mph so there's something to suit most people.

Top Bottom