Hello from Staines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GarethG

Hi,

I thought i would say hello on the welcome board, I have already posted in the Sunday London Ride and the FNRttC.

I have been riding for many years but gave it up about 18 months ago. I have now pulled the bike back out and im getting back in to it all. Im local to Staines so if anyone would like a slow training partner please let me know, My current pace is about 15mph over 35 miles (not fast but il get there :tongue:).

I hope to catch up with most of you in the coming months.

Gareth

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Hi & :welcome: to CC

gnvqsos

Über Member
Great riding near Staines-is that the Staines in Ireland or the one near Wraysbury Park in Surrey?

OP
OP
G

GarethG

Great riding near Staines-is that the Staines in Ireland or the one near Wraysbury Park in Surrey?

Im in Wraysbury (Middlesex), but most people don't know where that is so i use Staines as my main location (keeps things simple):rolleyes:.

Gareth

Norm

Greetings and welcome. As well as the Staines residents, we've another here from Datchet and I'm just a bit further upstream in Windsor. There's a bunch more downstream from you too.

Do you ever venture south of the river? I was out in Old Windsor and the Great Park yesterday.

OP
OP
G

GarethG

Do you ever venture south of the river? I was out in Old Windsor and the Great Park yesterday.

The Great Park is one of my normal routes, i also have a play on Priest Hill and go out towards Leatherhead (Office).

Its nice to know that there are quite a number of local people about. I used to live in Datchet so know the area well, went to school and spend a lot of time in windsor so again know the area.

It would be nice to catch up and have a ride with people (as long as you wait at the top of the hill for me :tongue:).

Gareth

henshaw11

*waves*

To be accurate, I'm not resident in Staines, but work nr Pooley Green...if you spot a beardie bloke on a lowish 2-wheel recumbent, that'll probably be me. Come to think about it, I'm doing the fnrttc this week (only my second), feel free to say hello :smile:...of any beardie recumbent riders, (and there may be a few), I've got the longish goatee...

OP
OP
G

GarethG

I will be sure to keep my eyes out for you, sounds like Friday is going to be a good night and with lots of people willing to say hello should be sociable at the other end too.

:thumbsup:

Top Bottom