Hello from Stoke-On-Trent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigBird4620

Hello there :hello:

I've recently decided to take up cycling after not touching a bike since the age of fifteen, My main motivation? to lose some weight and have a hobby that isn't sitting on my arse playing the Xbox all day.

For the last seven years I've worked in the security industry I've spent 60 hours a week working in gatehouses, on construction sites, guarding machinery, patrolling the railway, working at events and concerts and working on nightclub/pub doors. Most of that time "working" is actually sat on your backside being seriously bored and with boredom, came food. With stress, came food and with food came weight gain. I used to weigh 16 stone, I'm sat here typing this weighing 26st 10lb.

I've been making a lot of changes to my life lately, I managed to clear off £25k of debt, I left the security industry and became a delivery driver, I finally left home at the age of 25 getting away from a toxic relationship with my mother and moved in with my partner in Stoke-On-Trent. Weight is the next thing to deal with.

Finding a bike that would fit me and do what I wanted it to do was never going to be easy, So I decided it would be a great idea to build a single speed rigid MTB out of an old Saracen frame that I dragged from behind the shed before I moved here. I've only just started on that, so I don't have a complete riding bike just yet.. I will soon though.

I plan on starting out gently just riding around the local park and building the distances up from there bit by bit, hopefully losing some weight along the way.

I guess that's my introduction post...

So... Hi :hello::laugh:

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Top Bottom