Hello from Suffolk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan Allison

Hello

I know its the wrong time of year to be starting out, but I am!

Haven't ridden for a lot of years but about 3 months ago joined a gym and started loosing weight, enjoying the exercise I started thinking about riding my bike again.

Then to give myself a big push, whilst looking at a hospice website with my wife for taking part in a Santa Run. I saw the Nightrider 100km ride through London advertised and turned to my wife and said quite casually - I think I should work toward that!

So I have until June! Whilst on Jury service last week I had an afternoon to my self in Ipswich and popped into the Bike shop. And the next day picked up my Road bike "Raleigh Airlite 200"

So thats me, I am 31, I live in a small village just outside Framlingham.

Went for my first ride Saturday, travelling 7.1miles in 28mins. avg 15mph. Not sure where that rates me?

Anyway thats my intro!

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Good for you and a good buy with the Raleigh.

Plenty of time to get up to 100km in June: Winter miles, Summer smiles.

I ride through Framlingham quite often: Ipswich - Fram - Sax - Ipswich is my 100km loop.

Don't get too obsessed with speed and distance, look to build up the length of time you can spend on the bike before worrying about how fast or far you're going.

Send me a PM (hover over "inbox", top right, and click "start conversation") if you fancy hooking up for a ride: it's easier in company, especially at this time of year.

compo

Veteran
Well done on your new bike. I used to live in Leiston and rode through Framlingham many times. You will be able to do next year's Dunwich Dynamo. You wont have far to go home afterwards!

OP
OP
Dan Allison

Dan Allison

Well done on your new bike. I used to live in Leiston and rode through Framlingham many times. You will be able to do next year's Dunwich Dynamo. You wont have far to go home afterwards!

Hi, thanks!

Yeah you never know what I might be doing! What time of year is that then?

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Hello from Ipswich!

If you have lived in Fram all your life there is a good chance we went to school together!

OP
OP
Dan Allison

Dan Allison

Right! Grew up in Wickham Market, went to primary school in Easton, played a few gigs in Dennington and went to TMHS. Born in 1976, so I guess we were only just at TMHS at the same time!

If you grew up in Easton you must know my old mate Jaffa!
Yeah I know jaffa! Mind you most of suffolk knows Jaff!

I also went to Easton primary. So I was probably starting as you were leaving.

Wickham lad hey! Its a rum place!

Top Bottom