Hello from Suffolk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SuffolkBlue

Hi All,
I'm Bill, I live in a small village just outside Framlingham in Suffolk.
I've been a leisure cyclist for many years and enjoy cycling for relaxation and fitness plus the occasional sportive event. Currently preparing to do the Skyline London to Brighton multi-charity event in September.
I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum.
All the best
Bill

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
:welcome:

Lots of fun stuff in here Bill

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Framlingham is one of my favourite places. Not been in years but keep meaning to visit again. Does the pub just outside the castle still do great food?

All uphill

Still rolling along
Big sister and I used to run around the parapets of Framlingham Castle when we were kids. My memory says there was a 100 ft drop and no guard rail, but I may have imagined that!

We lived near Bungay!

OP
OP
SuffolkBlue

SuffolkBlue

Framlingham is one of my favourite places. Not been in years but keep meaning to visit again. Does the pub just outside the castle still do great food?

I've not been in there for ages so I can't really comment from personal experience. Reviews seem good though and it always seems to be busy but then again it's next to a tourist attraction so it has an advantage in that respect:smile:.
The Station in Fram is probably regarded as the best pub and serves locally brewed beers from Earl Soham but it is the other end of the town.
Most of my pub drinking/eating is done in Woodbridge as that's where my girlfriend lives - spoilt for choice in Woodbridge and it is where I was brought up.

OP
OP
SuffolkBlue

SuffolkBlue

Big sister and I used to run around the parapets of Framlingham Castle when we were kids. My memory says there was a 100 ft drop and no guard rail, but I may have imagined that!

We lived near Bungay!

Yes, I remember that feeling from my younger days. Very steep embankment to the castle which we used to roll down as kids!!

deuxfois

Hi Bill

Had a couple of short stays in your area last summer. Lovely, quiet countryside with network of lanes. Rode several routes suggested by CycleTravel (which I recommend!), following the breadcrumb trail on my Garmin to avoid constantly consulting a map. Had coffee and cake in a café in Framingham, and chatted to some other cyclists. I have relatives near Eye, so hoping to get back again later this year.

OP
OP
SuffolkBlue

SuffolkBlue

Hi Bill

Had a couple of short stays in your area last summer. Lovely, quiet countryside with network of lanes. Rode several routes suggested by CycleTravel (which I recommend!), following the breadcrumb trail on my Garmin to avoid constantly consulting a map. Had coffee and cake in a café in Framingham, and chatted to some other cyclists. I have relatives near Eye, so hoping to get back again later this year.

Yes, we are blessed here with some lovely quiet routes. Plenty to explore. Glad you enjoyed your time here.

I would hazard a guess that the cafe was 221B on the corner by the roundabout - it's very popular and a bakery as well. I live about 4 miles outside Framlingham and 221B is often the end of ride coffee and cake stop ☕🍰:cheers:. They'll often offer to refill water bottles as well although obviously I've never taken up the offer as I am nearly home.

deuxfois

Yes, we are blessed here with some lovely quiet routes. Plenty to explore. Glad you enjoyed your time here.

I would hazard a guess that the cafe was 221B on the corner by the roundabout - it's very popular and a bakery as well. I live about 4 miles outside Framlingham and 221B is often the end of ride coffee and cake stop ☕🍰:cheers:. They'll often offer to refill water bottles as well although obviously I've never taken up the offer as I am nearly home.

Yes, that sounds like the one. I’ll make a mental note to call there again next time I’m in the area.
Have fun!

Top Bottom