Hello from sunny *cough* Dumbarton.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello, just new here and taking a look about. I used to cycle a lot when I was younger (just on roads and cycle paths with a standard mountain Bike, nothing special) but am wanting to get back into it alll again, as wwell as ffind out what the best value bikes are, etc etc.

Regarding my name?? well when I was at College in Glasgow many moons ago, I used to cycle home (16 miles - I usually slept in so got the train in the mornings), and one day I was leaving as some other members of staff were too.
Negotiating the busy rush hour traffic, due to various reasons, I didn't quite give as good a display of my biking skills as I could have (although it was nothing bad), and so the next day I was described as Mad Doug Biker. A derogatory name I'm sure, but I liked it anyway, so, here I am!

Annyway, I hope to learn quite a bit on here and speak to other fellow sufferers!

ACS

Legendary Member
;)xx(

from the East coast.

The rest of the CC Ecosse clan will be along later to introduce themselves.

Hi Doug from another west coaster! xx( I'm the quiet unassuming member of the Ecosse CC clan (aye right ;)).

What sort of cycling are you wanting to do? Commute, lesuire, etc? If you wan't to do a bit of road cycling there is a fair crew from here who go out for rides (no man left behind).

Many moons ago I used to live in Erskine and as a kid I used to cycle from there, through Dumbarton to Balloch. Happy days! :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
xx(;)

Welcome! Have a look in the "CC rides" section of the forum occasionally, we meet up for CC Ecosse rides every so often, friendly banter and noone gets left behind ... come and join us!

Hmm ... the fast/fit boys are out today on the Etape Caledonia route, but there hasn't been a proper CC Ecosse ride for a while now ...:smile:;)

T

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I want to do road cycling (although there are plenty of cycle paths around here that I'll use), as well as being able to commute.

I'm looking for a quick bike as I want to be able to go as quickly as I can, as well as ride long distances for leisure.

My old mountain bike I have been using for YEARS is built like a tank, so I want to FLY! :wacko::blush:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
That wont work, weather is weather to me and I take great pride in never noticing or caring one single jott what it's doing (unless it's doing something notable of course or it's cold enough enough to go outside and throw some stones, seeing as I am a keen Curler).
Granted, I'll keep my old bike to use in foul weather, but on the whole, I can hardly remember what the weather was like yesterday, never mind what it's doing on the East coast!:wacko::laugh:

Doug, who feels sorry for people who are so controlled by the weather - I have never felt down during winter in my smegging life!!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Mad Doug Biker said:
That wont work, weather is weather to me and I take great pride in never noticing or caring one single jott what it's doing (unless it's doing something notable of course or it's cold enough enough to go outside and throw some stones, seeing as I am a keen Curler).

Doug, who feels sorry for people who are so controlled by the weather - I have never felt down during winter in my smegging life!!
Thanks for feeling sorry for those of us who have fallen off on the ice over the winter :biggrin:, which is the one bit of cycling many of us don't enjoy/ do again :sad:

And you are most ;) to CC and, of course the exclusive CC Ecosse :blush:

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
scoosh said:
Thanks for feeling sorry for those of us who have fallen off on the ice over the winter :biggrin:, which is the one bit of cycling many of us don't enjoy/ do again :sad:

And you are most :wacko: to CC and, of course the exclusive CC Ecosse :thumbsup:

I meant feeling down because of the lack of light in the winter, etc etc. In a previous life I worked in darkrooms for several years, but I happen to be a night owl anyway, so darkness is my friend NYHAHAHAHAHA!!! :biggrin:

I have yet to fall off the bike onto ice*, although one of the members of my Curling Club, who is a keen cyclist, was cycling about in the ice without any problems. Come the thaw, he crashed on a perfectly dry surface and somehow managed to break his leg!!
Kind of ironic don't you think?? :wacko:

* - Although in Curling you learn how to fall VERY quickly!

Top Bottom