Hello from sunny (& dry) California!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigT

Regular
I don't usually use this sub-forum when joining a new site because I never know what to say.
I just jump right in and start posting replies to things I find interesting.

But I'm here, so........ Hi! :tongue:

I've been riding recumbents since 2005, but have owned "regular" bikes as well. I just like Bents better.
Since selling my HP Velotechnik Street Machine of 15 years (I have mixed feelings about that), along with my Specialized Crossroads hybrid, I'm down to just one bike: My Bacchetta Giro 20/20.
It's a fun bike to be sure, but twitchy as heck, bumpy, and noticeably slower than when it was a Giro 26.
Still super fun to ride, though, and it turns a lot of heads, even in recumbent circles where folks are used to "silly-looking" bikes.

-T

Hello Mr T - welcome aboard.

I'm a fellow recumbenteer, since about 10 years back. Have a homebuilt trike and LWB that I use regularly, and still ride 'normal' bikes for variety. Build a SWB a few years back, but decided that configuration was not for me, the higher BB always seemed too high for comfort.
I'm well used to being stared at over here, very few foreigners on 'bents :laugh:

:welcome:

I've been to California a few times it usually isn't very dry or big https://goo.gl/maps/eC2pjTSxd6JSS52y5 :rolleyes:

OP
OP
B

BigT

Regular
We're having a drought right now and lots of wildfires. :sad:

Yes, lots of nice places to ride in the Bay Area.
Unfortunately, many of my favorite, local bike paths are being overrun by homeless encampments.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
We're having a drought right now and lots of wildfires. :sad:

Yes, lots of nice places to ride in the Bay Area.
Unfortunately, many of my favorite, local bike paths are being overrun by homeless encampments.
Greetings from Maryland (right outside DC.) Welcome to the forum. Nice, interesting & helpful people here, topics all over the place too. Heck, they even treat us Yanks well (most of the time.)

Sorry to hear about the fires raging. Stay safe. 90° Here (or 32. 2°, depending on your thermometer) but nothing much here to burn other than concrete. However, my son and family are currently visiting other fam in Montana and big fires are burning there too. My friend in New Mexico currently has hazy skies from fires burning in a neighbor state also. Sad, but it’s happening more and more all over.

Sucks for so many people winding up homeless and living in encampments too. On bike trails isn’t the safest spot for anyone either. There’s gotta be a better way, it just hasn’t come about yet. I grew up in NYC and saw it all the time too. No where to go, but almost no way out. Hopefully positive solutions will be developed for all somehow.

Show us your ride! :biggrin: Your furry friend too, if you have one.

Here's my fave ride, My 1997 hardtail Bianchi MTB and my boys, Benny & Charlie.

F20486EC-F87A-42EC-861E-AD75AD698627.jpeg
D8017E95-A57A-4836-9372-24744DE451E3.jpeg

OP
OP
B

BigT

Regular
Schwinn Stingray with banana seat and butterfly handlebars. Blue, of course, with a sparkly, white seat. Later replaced with a black banana seat.
(at some point sparkly bits are said to be for girls)
Somewhere around 1975 when we lived in Los Altos Hills, Ca.

Oh wait, you meant a recent pic, didn't you?

Attachments

• pic001.jpg
    pic001.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 5

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
LOL. Great pic. Wish they still made stingrays for adults. Here are my first two bikes, both Schwinns… Single speed with foot brakes of course, and my five-speed Apple Krate, front and rear shocks, disc brakes on front. Stick shift down the middle. Loved that bike!

EBDA95CC-D32E-45B4-8626-3489B0E96FFE.png
2A1366FB-7385-4C4E-B3F5-84326706B1BF.jpeg

So what are you riding these days?

Top Bottom