hello from sunny inverclyde

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HonestMan1910

Über Member
killiekosmos said:
Apparently they went out to tender for an all-seater stadium. The winner was DFS who quoted to put a three-seater couch on each touchline and an armchair at each end. One armchair is to be treated as Executive Seating and will cost more as it turns round so you don't need to watch the pitch.

It's ok my Killie friend we won't be too hard on you when the bank come knocking on the door for their cash, we'll let you groundshare with us.

killiekosmos

Veteran
Billloudon said:
You guys will be aware of the Three Toons! Well I am in the middle one looking out to the lovely Isle of Arran.

Sunny Saltcoats by the sea. I used to work there many years ago.

I always think of the three towns along the lines of TW3 (if you are old enough to remember:

Upper class John Cleese looks down on middle class Ronnie Barker who looks down on working class Ronnie Corbett.

Do Saltcoats folk still consider Ardrossan folk lower class and everyone sneers at Stevenson residents?

toroddf

Hello from Paisley. I went over the old Greenock road yesterday from Largs to Whinhill Golf Course. Brilliant ride over the mountain. This must be the best cycle journey in Inverclyde.

Dingerjsc

Excluding the scheme, there are some ace routes in Ayrshire! The coast road south of Ayr past Culzean Castle is pretty scenic.

Went out a good run last week taking in Symington, Gatehead, Craigie and Dundonald Hill.

Dingerjsc

Also due to work starting the cyclescheme a group of my colleagues hit Arran for a lap and to stop for an Arran ale on the way round.
Looking over from here i dont think they realised it was actually 56 miles and with one or two hills!
Man down.... medic!!

HonestMan1910

Über Member
Dingerjsc said:
Also due to work starting the cyclescheme a group of my colleagues hit Arran for a lap and to stop for an Arran ale on the way round.
Looking over from here i dont think they realised it was actually 56 miles and with one or two hills!
Man down.... medic!!

Never cycled around Arran before, but it must now be on the list of days out.

killiekosmos

Veteran
Dingerjsc said:
Excluding the scheme, there are some ace routes in Ayrshire! The coast road south of Ayr past Culzean Castle is pretty scenic.

Went out a good run last week taking in Symington, Gatehead, Craigie and Dundonald Hill.

I sometimes take train to Girvan and meander back up coast to Troon then inland home. The coast road is great on a sunny day.

Dundonald Hill !!!!! That's my local challenge. Gatehead, Symington, Monkton, Troon, Dundonald Hill.

toroddf

HonestMan1910 said:
Never cycled around Arran before, but it must now be on the list of days out.

This is one of the best cycling tours in Scotland.

Do it clockwise. The first 20 miles out of Brodick over the south-coast to Blackwaterfoot is very hard. The hill after Lochranza is also pretty hard. But the cycling is always unrelenting funny and the views are brilliant throughout. I love this tour.

I have made the route with map and profile here

Billloudon

killiekosmos said:
Sunny Saltcoats by the sea. I used to work there many years ago.

I always think of the three towns along the lines of TW3 (if you are old enough to remember:

Upper class John Cleese looks down on middle class Ronnie Barker who looks down on working class Ronnie Corbett.

Do Saltcoats folk still consider Ardrossan folk lower class and everyone sneers at Stevenson residents?

U have us sussed in one post!!! Are we really that shallow - yes.
I am sorry to say I remember TW3 very well

Top Bottom