Hello from sunny Leicester...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyc882

Well, what to say? I've ben a bit of an on & off cyclist for many years, exclusively on my trusty Marin Nail Trail that looks like it's been thrown down Jacob's Ladder several times (mainly because it has). A few years ago it was fitted with slicks because I was doing the London to Brighton with a few colleagues and somehow the knobblies never quite made it back.

Cut to present, I've decided to try and up the time in the saddle this year and have managed to snag myself a used Orbea Tarmac, which I picked up last week. I am absolutely blown away by the difference in weight! I've not managed to get out on it yet as it's midway through a stripdown and overhaul, but I'm hoping it'll turn a wheel in anger this weekend :smile:

I've had a good old browse of the forum and have already learnt huge amounts about the dark and mysterious art of setting up a road bike. I'll apologise in advance for the daft questions I'll inevitably ask, please bear with me as I try to decipher the jargon!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Welcome to CycleChat, Andy!

CC member totallyfixed organises some lovely forum rides not far from you (in Rutland) so I suggest that you keep your eyes open for the next one and maybe go and join in. (I'm going to try and make it down for one in the summer while visiting family in the Midlands.)

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Hi and welcome Andy.

CC member totallyfixed organises some lovely forum rides not far from you (in Rutland) so I suggest that you keep your eyes open for the next one and maybe go and join in

I'm not too far from Rutland. Is it normally an open invitation?

OP
OP
andyc882

andyc882

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

Colin - I'll definitely keep an eye open in the rides & events section (might wait until I have an idea of my abilities/pace before committing to group rides though, I wouldn't want to be holding everyone up!)

Rocky - I haven't been down Jacob's ladder on a bike since about 2001, so not guilty! I'm a walker too though, so maybe we've passed each other on the horseshoe on foot :smile:

Pete - I'm in the Oadby area. How about you?

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Pete - I'm in the Oadby area. How about you?

I'm from North West Leicestershire about 7 miles the other side of Coalville.

Top Bottom