Hello from sunny Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Hi to all from sunny Scotland (Edinburgh). My name is Neil & Im in my early 40s. I used to be an avid mountain biker until I moved to Edinburgh 9 or so years ago, but have fallen into the routine of relying on my car for most journeys. My wife bought me an early anniversary/Chirstmas present a few weeks back, and I will be using my new bike to 'lose a few pounds' with my daily commute in my new job.

I am looking forward to meeting some other riders within the '20 milers' group in the not too distant future, as I feel that the social aspect will help me keep me on track with my chosen method of weight loss. I will of course be pestering the good folks here with suggestions for appropriate lights for my new bike.

My new ride.... :smile:

F5A4F192-7CD1-4F86-8144-9A3D2BDA793A_zpsrqejbrpo.jpg

paul04

Über Member
Welcome to the website Neil.

solitaire

Über Member
Hiya Neil :welcome: from wet and windy Cornwall

Fubar

Guru
Hi and :welcome: From Dunfermline! Nice looking bike, needs to get some dirt on it ;)

There is a Scottish-ish Irn-Bru Blethering Thread in the Cafe sub-forum where many of the locals (and some not so locals) hang out, and look out for CC Ecosse rides in the Informal Rides sub-forum - though maybe once the weather is slightly better!

All the best, Mark

OP
OP
flake99please

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Thanks for the pointers to local gatherings & chat Fubar, its much appreciated. First 'half decent' ride yesterday up the pentlands & along water of leith, along porto beach to mussleburgh, and back home (near ERI) averaging 14mph. Getting up the hills hurt the old lungs, but on the bright side I have no aches this morning so I may do it again tomorrow after work.

Sounds like you had fun! I lived in Edinburgh (lovely place) for a few years but it was before I got into cycling (sadly). Hope you keep it up and have a fab time :smile:

Top Bottom