Hello from Swansea

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beethoven

Hi, my name is Matthew from Swansea and I'm 37.....I've always enjoyed cycling but in the last year I have tried to get more into it. I'm currently riding a Specialized Sirrus Sport flat bar road bike. I did the London-Brighton cycle ride in 2001 and 2002 and I like to use by bike to commute. I'm interested in more long distance rides at weekends.

Hello Matthew - look no further than 'Riders Tales' to hear about theclaud's 'day out'! Plenty of other strange Welsh residents on here...Last year, I went to the Gower and played with the cyclepath - all the way from Swansea...you may even recognise my avatar, which is adjacent to the epic town hall in your town!
Welcome! :smile:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Welcome Beethoven We had a South Wales cyclechat get together ride on the Gower last year. Hopefully do another one similar this year. Seems to be more and more from South Wales signing on lately.

her_welshness

Hello Matthew, welcome to the forum! I am a Swansea-west girl now living in London and go back throughout the year to Swansea with the bike so it would be great to go on a ride. The Gower continues to be my favourite place in the world.

The route up to Loughor through Clyne and Killay is lovely and my Dad and I have done the Sustrans route starting at the Sainsbury's near the docks and out along the Tawe through to the Swansea valley.

The Millennium path (Sustrans) up to Llanelli is wonderful and would love one day to go up as far as Kidwelly - perhaps we organise a Cycle Chat trip up there?

photography27

hi matthew, welcome to this forum, this is an awesome place to be, loads of info on here.
i'm from swansea myself, cycle from ravenhill to clydach in the morning and evening.
doing the gower bike ride this year and the beach to beach bike ride( bournmouth to brighton)
hope you enjoy yourself on here

Welcome Matthew :welcome: I'm in Sussex now but am originally from West Cross, I learned to ride a bicycle there. Very ashamed to say I haven't yet been "home" with the bike, but one day... one day!

Top Bottom