Hello from Swindon :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon2412

Regular
Hi everyone!

I'm Jon, 40, live in Swindon. I've been slowly getting back to cycling and have started doing a lot more in recent months. Weekend rides tend to be about 20 odd miles and increasing (slowly). I'm doing all this to get fitter, slimmer and cause I love cycling :-)

Next year I have two targets - in May I want to see if I can do the Forest of Dean classic and in July ( I've already signed up ) a charity London to Brighton night ride!

Any other folk in Swindon up for doing some rides together (maybe even joining in the sportive next year?) would be nice to have some cycle buddies :-)

Cheers,
Jon

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: to the forum, Jon!

Luddite Joe

Über Member
Hi Jon and welcome,
I'm a fellow Swindonian recently getting back into cycling. I like your idea of getting together - I tend to do 30 to 50 milers most weekends on my own, so it would make a pleasant change to have some company. There are so many great rides around here - whereabouts do you go and which part of Swindon are you from ?
Joe

OP
OP
Jon2412

Jon2412

Regular
Thanks everyone!

Hey Joe. I'm in the Pinehurst area not far from the Oasis. My rides tend to be out toward Cricklade and back on the B4553 through Purton and then work my way back home. That's about 20 something miles. I'd like to get out toward Ashton Keynes and get on for those 30-40 miles :-) where do you head out?

I was planning on a good ride this morning but I just couldn't face that rain :-(

BSRU

A Human Being
Another Swindon CC'er:thumbsup: , I'm just a commuter cyclist, only 104 leisure kilometres this year:sad: no free time due to family commitments:bicycle: .

Luddite Joe

Über Member
Hi Jon
I'm at the other end of Pinehurst, near the Moonrakers. I ride somewhere different each time - Fairford, Cirencester, Malmesbury, Avebury etc. Like you, the rain put me off today, I guess it's very much weather dependant for the next few months. Let me know when you're heading out and I'll try and make it.
Joe

OP
OP
Jon2412

Jon2412

Regular
Nice one Joe.
Not sure how you do PM's or conversations in cycle chat....is there a way to drop you a note directly...?

Top Bottom