Hello from SWINDON!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lmow20

If it ain't titanium, it's not that cool.
Hi all,
I have a few posts, but thought I should introduce myself.

I commute to wootton bassett as a teacher.

My rides:

Lynskey Sportive, Sram Rival

Stan Pike custom 531, Campy Daytona (very new to me, picked up in a charity shop!) - can I say, as a first campy experience, I was blown away... (to be fair I've come from a hybrid sora...)

Spesh sirrus hybrid, Sora.

I gotta say it man, I need time to test the sram kit still, but it looks like another campy fan here...

ciao

Welcome to the class of CycleChat! Daytona is the Centaur equvalent I think - I have it on my blue bike. The 'Linksey Sportive' manifests itself as a Planet X around this forum - I guess it's the same. Have fun and I hope your PSD re: bikes comes on in leaps and bounds!

BSRU

A Human Being
Hi all,
I have a few posts, but thought I should introduce myself.

I commute to wootton bassett as a teacher.

My rides:

Lynskey Sportive, Sram Rival

Stan Pike custom 531, Campy Daytona (very new to me, picked up in a charity shop!) - can I say, as a first campy experience, I was blown away... (to be fair I've come from a hybrid sora...)

Spesh sirrus hybrid, Sora.

I gotta say it man, I need time to test the sram kit still, but it looks like another campy fan here...

ciao

Does that mean you have to negotiate junction 16 twice a day:eek:, not very pleasant in a car at rush hour.

OP
OP
lmow20

lmow20

Does that mean you have to negotiate junction 16 twice a day:eek:, not very pleasant in a car at rush hour.

Haha, yup, was there this morning actually. Although I returned from basset today via west swindon (Lydiard Park). The cycle path to junction 16 looks good but muddy... mud = ice in winter... Hey ho.

OP
OP
lmow20

lmow20

Yeah, I do that on my way to tesco for me weekly shop. It's not too bad, although first time I crossed it on my hornet 600 I made a complete c*ck up of it. lol. Live and learn hey.
Wiltshire has some great cycle routes although still my fav was the bath to bristol cycle path. Flat and fast, and quite leafy with rolling meadows and railway views.

Welcome to Cycle Chat. Does anyone cycle on the crazy "magic" roundabout thing in Swindon?

Top Bottom