Hello from Switzerland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adoli

I'm based out of Switzerland and am blessed with many mountains to climb and lakes to circle round.
I do about 3000-4000km of cycling a year and about 100,000m in climbing (unavoidable here!).
I do all sorts of riding - gravel riding, mtb, e-mtb, road racing and more recently touring - and cycle nearly all year round. It takes a blizzard to stop me riding, lol.

Hope I can contribute to the chat and if you need to know something about Switzerland, just shout.

Hey adoli welcome to cyclechat ....

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I'm based out of Switzerland and am blessed with many mountains to climb and lakes to circle round.
I do about 3000-4000km of cycling a year and about 100,000m in climbing (unavoidable here!).
I do all sorts of riding - gravel riding, mtb, e-mtb, road racing and more recently touring - and cycle nearly all year round. It takes a blizzard to stop me riding, lol.

Hope I can contribute to the chat and if you need to know something about Switzerland, just shout.
I have a question on Switzerland! My experience with it is limited: I've stayed briefly in Genève twice, and briefly entered Switzerland while cycling up both sides of Passo dello Stelvio :smile: My question is: are there many cyclist-oriented B&Bs in your country, and what are they like? I'd love to spend some time cycling in the Swiss Alps.

Oh, and by the way: :welcome:

OP
OP
adoli

adoli

Hello from Baden-Württemberg. Whereabouts in CH are you?

I am in Canton Zug.... between Zurich and Lucerne.

OP
OP
adoli

adoli

I have a question on Switzerland! My experience with it is limited: I've stayed briefly in Genève twice, and briefly entered Switzerland while cycling up both sides of Passo dello Stelvio :smile: My question is: are there many cyclist-oriented B&Bs in your country, and what are they like? I'd love to spend some time cycling in the Swiss Alps.

Oh, and by the way: :welcome:

Kudos for climbing the Stelvio - I've done it from the Italian side (2700m!). Hard work.

Good question about cycling oriented B&Bs in Switzerland; pretty much most 'pensions' (B&Bs) cater for cyclists, especially once you are outside of the main cities. Some go the extra mile and have powerwash facilities and servicing, as well as e-bike MTB hire (v cool).

There are dedicated hotels offering bike courses especially in the ski resorts in summer (they have to find alternative revenues with the shorter winter seasons). Quality of accommodation is very high; even the simplest B&B is clean. The downside is the cost. But for this, there are so many wonderful rides to do. At the moment I am focusing on getting in rides over the Susten, Klausen and other high passes before they close for the winter.

I write about some on my blog (see my profile for link as don't want to spam folk here). It really depends how 'climbing' oriented you are. There are brilliant alternatives to climbing such as cycling around the Bodensee (lake Constanz), lake Zurich, … etc. Maybe I should be writing this in another part of the forum; happy to be re-directed.

Top Bottom