Hello from Szeged, Hungary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colinr

Cycling in Budapest looked quite fun, good infrastructure in place with decent two-way cycle lanes everywhere. Outside of Budapest, I think I could end up as some flowers by the roadside quite easily!

I have friends in Pécs, would love to take the mountain bike out there one year and play in the Mecsek.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Jo napot kivanok Tom! Is your full name Tamas? I LOVE Hungary, I have been there many times mostly to Budapest but recently on the way from Belgrade I stayed in Szeged in the Forras hotel, which was full of old Germans. I see it has just been renovated, which it needed badly. I drive all over the country visiting companies and normally I stay at the Gellért, which I think is one of the best hotels in the world - not deluxe but super correct and well managed with those fantastic baths behind. For a long time I have been hoping to meet up with some Hungarian cyclists so that I can get a ride one nice warm summer's evening while I am in Budapest; maybe we can meet up next time I come? You will have to let me know if there's anything I can bring from the UK.

If I was 30 years younger and not married I would go and live in Budapest, it's a beautiful city with great nightlife, beautiful girls, great food and drink, not to mention the superb architecture. Until recently I had Hungarian neighbours here in the UK, which I enjoyed because they were very hospitable and we had some good times together.

Top Bottom