Hello from Teddington

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigad

Regular
Hi
Just joined up. I've restarted cycling about 18 months ago, after a long pause. Bought a hybrid (61.5cm) but as I've got back into it, keen to go a bit faster (and a lot further). Big bloke (6'5", 16st) and looking around for a 2nd hand 64cm touring bike, prefer Dawes Galaxy.

Hoping to join in with chat on here.

screenman

Legendary Member
Hi and welcome to the forum, I was down you way last week staying in the Park Hotel and had a nice walk in Bushy Park on the Sunday. I now live in Lincolnshire but grew up around your way, I was a member of Twickenham C.C and even worked in a Green Grocers at the bottom of Teddington bridge whilst still at school about 1970. Also used to jump off the bridge into the river about the same time, good days.

gary in derby

Welcome Bigad,

hope all is well, from your neck of the woods, just the other side of the river. moved away from kingston about 15 years ago, is the white hart still there?

Gary

OP
OP
B

Bigad

Regular
Thanks everyone. I think the Roebuck has gone (at the end of Kingston Bridge, or am I mixing it up)? Most of the pubs have morphed into something else/worse. Old favourite, the Queen Dowager has just closed forever! 1970, jumping off the bridge? Fantastic. I was working days on the Council, nights at the Castle in Isleworth.

OP
OP
B

Bigad

Regular
Thanks everyone. I think the Roebuck has gone (at the end of Kingston Bridge, or am I mixing it up)? Most of the pubs have morphed into something else/worse. Old favourite, the Queen Dowager has just closed forever! 1970, jumping off the bridge? Fantastic. I was working days on the Council, nights at the Castle in Isleworth.

OP
OP
B

Bigad

Regular
Forgot to add - not quite 2 Ton Ted from Teddington, but heading that way unless I get a lot more exercise. Benny Hill used to live just down the road from here.

colly

Re member eR
The White Hart was the pub at the bottom of Kingston Bridge. Might have changed it's name I suppose.

I used to live your way Bigad, near Twickenham Green, went to school down Broom Road.

OP
OP
B

Bigad

Regular
Great school. Have you seen it since its been rebuilt? Its fantastic. Apparently they got the approvals in just before the education budget imploded.

colly

Re member eR
Great school. Have u seen it since its been rebuilt? Its fantastic. Apparently they got the approvals in just before the education budget imploded.

Haven't seen the place for maybe 20 odd years. What is it called now?

OP
OP
B

Bigad

Regular
[QUOTE 1578916"]
Hello. I live in Surbiton. Been to Richmond Park, yet, for a ride?
[/quote]

Top Bottom