Hello from the 'burbs...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mile195

Veteran
Hi all,

Came across this site yesterday whilst messing about on the internet at the office. Work related of course! - honest (ish!)..

Anyway, I've been riding since 2007 when my commute was 11 miles return, went to 26 miles return in 2008, but now I've moved to commuterland (Bexley, Zone 5 which I acknowledge most other Londoners will consider this like moving into another galaxy!), I'm now clocking up at least 39.5 miles a day.

I usually try and find some time during the better months to fit in some long weekend rides too.

At the moment I'm riding a BMC streetfire '09, mostly stock parts - Shimano wheels, 105 groupset etc. Easton forks though from the 2010 model - replaced under warranty after the original ones fractured.

Anyway, I'm going to do some more "work related" forum browsing now, but just thought I'd introduce myself...

Ben

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Ben,
welcome to Cycle Chat.
I'm a Zone Sixer myself......not through my own choice to be honest with you. ^_^

OP
OP
Mile195

Mile195

Veteran
Yes - I hear that... I like Bexley, but it's not best placed for working in Shepherds Bush... Though a damned-sight cheaper!

Durian

Über Member
Hi Ben.

Nothing wrong with Bexley. This coming from an ex Belvedere resident!

OP
OP
Mile195

Mile195

Veteran
It's ok - the boss lives upstairs... (and you've never seen the combination ALT+<Spacebar>, N executed as quickly as I do when the door opens...)

Ah Belvedere - yes I know it - I ended up going that way cycling home from the O2 the other day. Not of course that I necessarily mind a 5 mile detour, but unexpectedly at 23:45 on a wet and downright freezing night? perhaps not!....

Top Bottom