Hello from the edge of England's latest National Park

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am fortunate ot live less than 2 miles from a short but steep climb to the South Downs Way but now prefer to ride on roads. Classic story really. Returned to UK and having retired from team sport was looking for a way to keep fit(ish) and help keep weight increase to a minimum, so bought a hybrid. Enjoyed it.
With hindsight, it's strange the decision to acquire my first 'proper' bike took so long. Last year bought a Trek 1.5 in unmistakeable lime green colour that I've grown to like - something to do with contrasting pink bottle cage? (And pink bar tape to come!).
Enjoyed it so much, 3 months ago purchased an Orbea Onix. Lovely and so, so comfortable.
Which leads to a number of 'n+1' type threads...in the meantime, hi one and all.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Hi Shadow and
wave.gif

Truly a nice part of the country especially when guzzling the amber nectar at Glorious Goodwood.

Bit hilly for me cycling wise though!

bauldbairn

Hello Shadow and Welcome to the CC forums. :smile:

That's a nice selection of bikes your amassing there - n + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1................!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello, whereabouts are you??

I used to stay in (of all places) Oxted when I stayed in London (it had originally come about as I had to be in that area at the time), before it got too expensive and I discovered the joys of Youth Hosteling instead!

I'm from near to Glasgow and on the edge of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park by the way, ha ha!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
nowhere near Oxted...about 12 miles north of Worthing and similar south of Horsham.

Ah ok, I've been on the line down through Horsham towards Arundel and along the coast through Worthing before, it looked like a nice part of the country.

I did a lot of photography down in the south east at one point you see so was merely curious.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Welcome. Are you going to post pic's of these bikes... I'm intrigued by the lime green/pink combo...

yes, ok...when i've worked out how to do it..may take a while...

What are the two teams?? Lampre and Liquigas - you could have the top for one and the shorts for the other!! :biggrin:
Personally I prefer the likes of AG2R myself.

Top Bottom