Hello from the south coast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

P a u l

Hello!

I've joined up as I recently acquired an old bicycle with full chaincase, which I am now starting to use regularly after a long break from cycling (when previously living in London, I used to commute often on a bike which proved interesting at times). Nearly 30 years ago my father had an already very old black Raleigh which looked quite similar except that I remember his had a lock integrated into the headstock (sadly it went missing as if he still had it, I would have liberated it a while back!). As a result, I've always liked the look of bicycles with a full chaincase, and as someone who isn't overly keen on too much sunshine, I’ve wanted one for a while now so I can cycle whilst wearing normal clothes and without messing up the legs on my trousers.

The old bicycle I now have is also ideal for riding when taking my two children out on their bikes, as it tracks so much more smoothly at slow speed than my relatively modern machine.

However, whilst familar with working on and fixing old cars, my knowledge of bicycles is minimal so apologies in advance for any incorrect terminology or dumb questions, which I will no doubt be asking in the vintage bikes section... I do at least already have a lot of imperial tools though!

Paul

Hi Paul welcome to CC. I’m also in Sussex, and manage to get into and around Chichester occasionally, and sometimes Bosham, may catch you around.

Top Bottom