Hello from Totton ,need some advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dand_uk

View attachment 7646 Well ive only gone and done it,brought a Cube Agree ,cant wait to go for a long ride on it

Hi Jase, I'm from Soton area too. Very nice bike! I also ride a road bike (Trek tho) to work! I've got a pannier rack fitted with a special adaptor (Hub Cycles Shirley did it) and recommend the same if you have stuff to carry. Get's the weight off your back so you can concentrate on flying into work!

Out of interest did you buy the bike local or on the net?

OP
OP
Jase24

Jase24

Regular
Hi Jase, I'm from Soton area too. Very nice bike! I also ride a road bike (Trek tho) to work! I've got a pannier rack fitted with a special adaptor (Hub Cycles Shirley did it) and recommend the same if you have stuff to carry. Get's the weight off your back so you can concentrate on flying into work!

Out of interest did you buy the bike local or on the net?
Hi there , yes brought locally but on the net from Hargroves which were good, thanks for the advice, i usualy ride the MTB to work with the rucksack which can be heavy at times

OP
OP
Jase24

Jase24

Regular
Slightly OT (but I'm never one to miss the chance of recruiting new members) your local, friendly triathlon club is http://www.southamptontriclub.co.uk/

But Sotonia are great if you just want to ride.....
Hi Jay, thanks for the advise, i am thinking about joining a cycle club and sotonia looks good, but a bit concerned that i may not be able to go for the usual meets every time , i take it that you are a member , the tri club ..well im not a good runner!!

Hi Dave, i am thinking about joining a cycle club, is there a commitment to go every week or so ,as it may be a bit difficult to go every week.

There's no commitment to do anything; there are three club runs per week and lots of other events from road races to bbq's, take your pick. Membership is only £12 a year so it's not like you need to do lots to get your money's worth.

It's ok to come on a couple of club runs before you join and you can enter TT's and reliability rides as a 'come and try'.

Top Bottom