Hello from Tunbridge Wells in Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bearonabike

Like so many here am new to road bikes. Have been using my old CB mountain bike but am embarking on a few charity rides, one from London to Paris in June, so have decided to buy a road bike. Went for the Spesh Allez 18 and so far loving it. Got great service from Wild Side cycles in TW and after testing various bikes, including the Trek and Giant, went for the Spesh, best fit basically. Tries to avoid asking the same question as everyone else who is new on these forums, just read all the newbies question and the answers, didnt need to bother anyone all over again. But it's snowing, so this is not good, mucking up the training and feel a bit too precious about my new bike to take it out, sure this will wear off over time.

If anyone is around this area and fancies a ride let me know. Remember I am new to this so no real wizz kids, you'll kill a 44 year old newbie!!!!

Happy riding

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
TW is too hilly for me :biggrin:

Willo

Welcome - used to live in Tonbridge just down the road, but now further down near Ashford. Bought my first road bike last November and, like you, went for an Allez (best fit etc.) although cowardly went for a triple which has been helping me conquer those Kentish mountains:blush:! Enjoy the bike (impatience got the better of me and I soon had mine out on the mucky winter roads...just have to give it a good clean each week). Have always quite fancied London - Paris, so post and let us know how it goes.

OP
OP
B

Bearonabike

Hi, did a 14 mile training ride this morning, averaged 14mph, not sure if this is good or bad, but felt great, especially as so hilly round here. What would a decent rider average on ahilly circuit, would like to get a gauge.

Thanks for the welcomes, much appreciated

Top Bottom